Last updated December 30, 2020
The term “Personal Data” hereinafter means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you.
What Information Do We Collect?
- Identification Information which may include your name, title, email address, state issued ID, billing and delivery address, telephone numbers, username and password, bank account and payment card details, feedback and survey responses, details about payments to and from you and other details of Products and services you have purchased from us, including but not limited to issues with previous Orders (“Identification Information”).
- Automatic Technical Information which may include web browser, IP address, time zone and location settings, operating system and platform, as well as information about how you use our Site, Products and services (“Automatic Technical Information”).
- Marketing and Advertising Information which may include your preferences in receiving marketing collateral from us and our third parties and your communication preferences (“Marketing and Advertising Information”).
How Do We Collect Your Information?
Information Collected Automatically
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect Automatic Technical Information, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your Device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site.
We collect this information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your Device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Information You Give Us
When you register to become a Buyer or Seller with Mana by Back Market or when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect Identification Information from you. We will also collect data via a form in the case of a customer claim. We will maintain your information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
Information From Third Parties or Publicly Available Sources
We may receive Personal Data about you from various third parties that have obtained that information from you and have a right to provide the Personal Data to us. This may include information from analytic providers such as Google or from technical, payment and delivery services providers. We may also obtain personal data from publicly available sources and databases.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use the information that is collected in the following ways:
- To provide you with access to and use of our services.
- To respond to your queries and to fill your Orders.
- To communicate with you including about your Account, our relationship or to solicit feedback.
- To perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- To understand how the Site is used, improve the Site, and our Products and services.
- To determine new or existing Site visitors and to better understand our audience, customers and Site visitors.
- To protect the security of the Site, our company, our customers, and Site visitors.
- For marketing and advertising purposes including using your information to provide you with information about Products, services or offers on our Site or on third party sites or to inform you about Products, services or other offers.
- For any other legitimate and lawful business purpose or for any other reason that may be described to you from time to time.
How Do We Share Your Information?
We may share or transfer your information as follows:
- Among our affiliates.
- With any successor to Mana by Back Market’s interest.
- With third parties who may be located in other countries, such as suppliers, financial institutions, and others who perform services on our behalf, including but not limited to transaction processing (including payment transaction and fraud prevention. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store: you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Data here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy and Stripe for processing transactions including payment transactions - you can read more about how Stripe uses your Personal Data here: https://stripe.com/privacy.
- With third parties whose products or services you might be interested in or for joint promotional purposes.
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- With banks or other third-party payment service providers to complete your transactions on the Site.
- To Mana by Back Market Sellers so that they may complete your Order (company, email address, title, name, first name, delivery address, telephone number).
- To customer service assistance providers. We use service providers to assist our customers as quickly as possible.
- To determine your credit-worthiness, which may involve making such information available to banks or credit agencies or other third parties.
- We may provide Aggregated Information to third parties, but when we do so, we do not provide personally-identifying information without your permission.
- For other reasons as may be described to you from time to time.
What Security Measures Do We Have in Place?
Mana by Back Market protects your Personal Data by establishing reasonable technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of the processing of Personal Data and its confidentiality.
In this regard, Mana by Back Market takes every suitable precaution regarding the nature of the data and the risks presented by the processing to preserve the security of the Personal Data and especially to avoid that the Personal Data is distorted, damaged or that non-authorized third parties have access to the Personal Data: physical protection of locations, authentication procedures with personalized and secure access via identifiers and confidential passwords, encryption of certain data, etc.
We remind you, however, that you are responsible for the data concerning you that you transmit to Mana by Back Market and as such, you contribute to the protection of your Personal Data by adhering to best practices regarding the use of your computer tools.
You are also reminded of the fact that without adequate security measures (for example, secured configuration of your web navigator, updates of antivirus programs, firewall software, not using software from doubtful sources, etc.), you run the risk that the Personal Data and passwords that you use to protect your Personal Data may be disclosed to unauthorized third parties.
How Can I Opt-Out of Marketing and Promotional Material?
At any time, you can request not to receive ads or adopted marketing from us. Recipients of our email marketing messages can unsubscribe by sending a request with “unsubscribe” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. However, please note this only prevents you from receiving promotional emails. You may not unsubscribe or opt-out of non-promotional messages regarding your Account.
What About Links to Third-Party Websites?
The Site may contain links to other third-party sites from time to time. The inclusion of any link to such sites does not imply any recommendation or endorsement of such sites by Mana by Back Market. These sites are not owned, operated, or maintained by or for Mana by Back Market and are therefore not subject to the same policies. You should read the third-party site’s privacy policies to understand how personal data is collected and used.
What If I Am Located Outside the U.S.?
Mana by Back Market has its headquarters in the United States, the Site is operated in the United States, and information we collect from you will be processed in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using the Site, you consent to a transfer of your information to the United States in accordance with the laws of the United States and understand that the United States may not provide the same level of protection as the laws or regulations of your country.
For more information about our privacy practices or to exercise the rights provided by the applicable data protection laws of access, correction, removal, data portability and opposition to processing and profiling, please contact us by email at email@example.com.